1. Reservations and Payment
a. We suggest you book your Tibet tour at least 45 days before your arrival date, especially for the peak season of August and September. A deposit of $100 per person is required to secure your reservation when you confirm your trip with us. The balance can be paid when you arrive at our Office.
b. If the booking is made within 30 days of your trip, but 15 days prior to your arrival the destination, you are required to pay 50% of the total payment to secure your reservation when you confirm your trip with us. The balance can be paid when you arrive at our Xining Office.
c. If the booking is made within 15 days prior to your arrival in the expected destination, you are required to pay in full to secure your reservation.
2. Alteration, Cancellation and Refunding
We provide free modifications to your itinerary, limited to 2x, after you book your tour. We do provide unlimited alteration to meet your ultimate satisfaction, but from the third time we charge a $20 surcharge for every new modification. You are responsible for any extra charge or loss incurred due to such changes. Keep in mind that last minute alterations might not be workable. We are, however, always at your service to meet your goals.
You may cancel your tour after confirmation with deposit, however, fees do apply. Your cancellation must be in writing and submitted to Gesartour. Cancellation charges are as follows:
- If you cancel your tour more than 30 days before the start of your tour with us you forfeit $100 per person from the deposit you paid. We will refund the rest of the deposit back to you in 30 days.
- If you cancel your tour 30-15 working days prior to your tour start date, 20% of your total tour cost will charged as the cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your tour 15-7 working days prior to your tour start date, 30% of your total tour cost will charged as the cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your tour within 7 working days prior to your tour start date,50% of your total tour cost will charged as the cancellation fee.
- If you fail to show up at your scheduled arrival time without prior notice, you forfeit 100% of the cost of your tour.
- Cancellation 10 days before departure due to political reason or natural forces: No cancellation fees are charged but travelers are responsible for unused flight and train tickets.
- If a change to the confirmed itinerary or service standard is caused by forces, such as weather, unforeseen circumstances, political upheavals, etc., neither party shall be held responsible, and any extra cost thus caused shall be covered by the client.
- If a change to the confirmed itinerary or service standard is caused by an air or rail Transportation Company, or other factors that are beyond the control of the Gesartour Operators, we shall not be held responsible for the losses thus caused.
- If a client has to leave his tour group because of accident, injury, or serious illness, a refund of 10% of the unused tour fare shall be made to the client. No refund will be made for a tour member who otherwise quits the tour group on his own account.
- No refund shall be given for any portions for the tour package unused by the participant of his own accord.
- All cancellations must be in written form and will only be effective upon receipt by Gesartour in specified time as per tour.
3. Insurance & Documentation
Travel agencies that are registered with the Tourism Bureau should have basic business liability insurance. However, it would be wise for you to purchase your international standard travel insurance coverage before departing from your home country, which may cover trip cancellation, trip interruption, emergency medical evacuation and medical expenses, etc.
In case of a medical emergency in remote places of Tibet, you will most likely be taken to the nearest medical facilities or airport by a car (or local transportation), where you can catch the next flight to a better facilitated hospital in Mainland China. If your travel insurance company is not able to send you a rescue helicopter, you need to make sure that you can at least receive reimbursement for all your expenses.